Reports to: Finance Co-ordinator, Administrator and Print Sales Coordinator
Location: Edinburgh Printmakers, 23 Union Street, Edinburgh EH1 3LR
Contract: 37.5 Hours per week, preliminary 1-year contract. Working days are typically Tuesday to Saturday, however the post-holder may, on occasion need to work evenings and weekends. Working pattern can be discussed at interview. 3-month probation period, 1 month's notice.
Salary: £15,500 – £17,000, dependent on experience
· Arts Administration Assistant with experience in customer service and retail required to join a small team in busy gallery and office. Administration tasks require a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Word. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and good attention to detail. An Arts education is preferable as you will be required to nurture extensive product knowledge, understanding the principals of printmaking and an appreciation of contemporary visual arts.
Main Duties and Requirements:
To assist the Print Sales Co-ordinator and Administrator in the effective and efficient operation of the organisation, through front of house reception, general administration, customer care and gallery sales. This role is important in supporting all staff in maintaining procedures that enable the organisation to be as effective as possible in fulfilling its objectives. Computer literacy is essential and the candidate should have proven experience of working with computers, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Excellent customer service and selling skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills & ability to speak confidently to groups and visitors
• Good at working in a team, independently and co-operatively
• Hard working, able to multi-task, to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
• Able to work outside normal office hours when required and to be willing to go the extra mile. Positive, adaptable attitude, able to find effective, creative solutions through problem solving
• Excellent organisational and administrative ICT skills, in particular databases, excel, highly proficient in MS word and email use, with excellent attention to detail and accurate data entry
• Experience of working in a customer facing role
• Experience of working in a retail environment
• Extensive product knowledge - understanding the principals of printmaking
• Knowledge and appreciation of contemporary visual arts
Training will be provided where deemed necessary.
Closing date for applications: Midnight, Monday 14th May 2018
Interview Date: Friday 18th May 2018. Please note this is the only day interviews will be conducted. To be considered for the post, you will be required to attend on this day.
Job start date: ASAP
Application process: Please email the completed application form to Serena Richardson at email@example.com. You can read the full job specification here. Please direct any questions about the post to firstname.lastname@example.org