Edinburgh Printmakers provides space, expertise and support for artists to develop their practice, networks and professional experience. We recognise and respond to artists at different stages in their careers, and we value diversity as a driver for artistic excellence and creative risk-taking.
We have a distinctive offer for printmakers and have developed new approaches for both artists and the creative industries, supporting learning, production, presentation and exchange that will have a significant impact on their practice and profile.
Our vision is to create an international centre with world-class facilities and exceptional models of support for artists where audiences can connect with our work and we can connect with the world.
Edinburgh Printmakers is an arts charity with printmaking at its heart. Core to our work is innovation, resilience, collaboration, diversity, transparency and forward-thinking with an approach that reaches out to inspire and encourage artists, audiences and different communities to engage with us and each other.
Edinburgh Printmakers is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated individual with a wide printmaking experience to manage the Lithography area in a busy open-access studio, giving artists assistance, printing editions and contributing to the delivery of the print studio artistic programme.
Applicants should have an extensive experience of stone and plate lithography, good communication skills, an arts degree, and experience in delivering classes.
How to apply. Please provide:
This is a one-year contract.
Rates of pay £11.25/hour.
Teaching of advertised classes: £21.50/hour
Graphics and Illustrations Fair 2020 | 25 & 26 April
Edinburgh Printmakers are delighted to announce the first-ever EP Graphics and Illustration Fair, housed in Castle Mills, the largest centre for print in Europe and a beautifully restored heritage building.
We are looking for inspiring and creative practitioners, collectives and creative start-ups to champion during a weekend-long celebration of all things illustration. We hope to welcome a large engaged audience with even an even larger appetite for visual art to experience your work.
We welcome applications from illustrators, graphic designers, and creative people of all sorts looking to present their work to fresh audiences. We welcome works on paper, fashion print designers, zine makers & publishers and new emerging talent in illustration.
We are offering tables and half tables, and special opportunities to pitch your work or run a workshop session, something hands-on and interactive for visitors.
Want to join us? Here's how:
To participate in EP Graphics and Illustration Fair please provide us with:
· Your name, website, email and contact telephone number
· At least 6 images of your work with clear denotation of title, medium, size and price point.
· Max 250 words about your creative practice/brand.
· Yiour preferred size of table, and whither you would like to hold a stall for the full weekend or on a specific day
Please submit your applications to Judith, at email@example.com with subject line “EP Graphics and Illustration Fair 2020”. Deadline for submission is Tuesday 25th February at 10am.
Submissions will be assessed on quality of product, creative ingenuity, professional practice displayed and with intention to display a balanced variety of creative practices within the fair.
Full table per day (approx 135cm x 68cm) – £50 (VAT included)
Half table per day (approx 135cm x 68cm) – £25 (VAT included)
We can provide you with a table for the full weekend, or for one day. In your application, please let us know your preferred table options, both table size and preferred days of participation.
To be paid via cash or card in advance of the event.
We do not take commission on your sales.
· We will provide you with a chair for the day and your allocated table space.
· You are responsible for your own display materials and we encourage you to think creatively about how to dress your table.
· Space for extra display items such as mannequins, clothes rails or print browsers is available on a limited basis. Please put any particular space requirements in your application. We will always do our best to be accommodating where possible
· You are responsible for dressing and de-rigging your stall, and ensuring that there is someone present at your stall at all times.
· We do not provide wall space.
•Access to electrical sockets is available on a limited basis
· If you are interested in sharing a table with another maker, each person should make an individual application, informing us of your preferred table partner. We will always do our best to accommodate these requests.
· Collectives or groups wishing to take a table/tables should make one application for the collective, but this must include supporting info and material for every maker to be included in the group.
· Current stockists in the Edinburgh Printmakers Shop are welcome to apply, however we ask that any work for sale at EP Graphics and Illustration Fair be noticeably different from the stock we currently have on wholesale or ‘sale or return’ terms.
To maximize on potential sales, we recommend considering making arrangements to accept card payments.
Schedule is as follows:
Saturday Set up - 28th April, 9.30 – 11am
Saturday Event – Saturday 28th April, 11am – 5pm
Saturday Derig - Saturday 28th 5pm – 6pm
Sunday Set up – Sunday 29th, 9.30 – 11am
Sunday Event -Sunday 29th, 11am – 5pm
Derig – Sunday 29th, 5pm – 6pm
We will be in touch with more details upon selection of your application.
Would you like an active audience to engage or pitch to?
There may be the opportunity to deliver a session as part of our workshop programme over the weekend – we could provide you with a platform to pitch your work, host a children’s workshop, deliver a creative session or peer learning exercise. We welcome drop-ins, drawing, crafting, digital learning sessions, presenting your practice/project as a case study. Whatever you can offer that will captivate, inspire and engage audiences, we can support you to do it!
Workshops would be listed as £5 (£3 concessions), which will be a direct donation to the charity Edinburgh Printmakers. We would not pay you for this workshop, but we welcome discussion about incorporating additional income generating elements of your session/workshop with you.
We are looking for sessions that take around 45 minutes to an hour. Please consider how to construct your session in a way that would minimise set-up and clear up time.
To propose a session/pitch/workshop please email Judith at firstname.lastname@example.org with a basic summary of proposed activity. Deadline for submission is Tuesday 25th February at 10 am.